Friday, January 13, 2012

My Kind of Friday Night

Squirrel is on her way home with her Dad. [Bonus! She has only been gone 5 days. heehee]  She normally wouldn't come home so soon after school begins a new term, but she had a very important reason:

All preparations are in place for Pooldad's Grandmother's 100th birthday party tomorrow. [Thanks to my wonderful MIL] And yes, that does say 100! Woot!

Before falling asleep [High School is hard work dontcha' know?] Wallene made me a delicious smoothie for dinner. Frozen mixed berries, banana, Greek strawberry yogurt and a splash of o.j. Cheap, almost no sodium, low in calories and so filling - not to mention tasty. YUM.

The family will eat a late dinner of beef stroganoff [I wish] and we will get in bed early for the festivities tomorrow.

Happy Friday the 13th Tadpoles.  Enjoy your weekend. :)

12 comments:

Juli said...

Have a great time!

That smoothie sounds great. I'm adding it to my list of things to try. I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas and I'm a smoothie maniac now. :)

Hype0724 said...

Grandma's 100! Omg congratulations Grandma! Skippy, hope your computer skills are coming along quite well =)

-Paul

www.mostlygrocery.com

Teresa said...

that sounds delish but would put my sugar (and ron's) through the roof. that much fruit does wicked things to us. tonight, i had special k cereal and ron had "light" soup. not too great but doable. i didn't get home from work until nearly 8 and just couldn't cook.

sounds like loads of fun for grandma's party. wonderful!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I love smoothies they are so yummy and 100 wow I hope the birthday party went off without a hitch.....
and that your MIL had a wonderful time.........

Crystal Pistol said...

Sounds like a fun party! A smoothie sounds great right now. I've been sitting here wondering what I should snack on before bed. A smoothie would be perfect! thanks! :)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Gran!!! Make sure you get tons of photos!!

CWMartin said...

Happy birthday!!

Jeannie said...

What a wonderful occasion. There was a big party for my grandfather's 100th but for that previous year he'd been having many little strokes and just wasn't really there himself. And yet he had one more!

Have a wonderful time!

(I'd rather have the smoothie than the stroganoff thanks)

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi SKippy. I love Smoothies as well, and they're supposed to be really good for you. (But obviously not for Teresa and ROn!!). Many congratulations to grandma - 100. Fantastic! Lovely for you to see Squirrel again so soon. Hope you all have a lovely time at the get together. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Wow - 100? That's wonderful! Hope you have a lot of fun!

Chatty Crone said...

You are on a few of my friends blogs and I thought I'd stop by and say hello. Sandie

Anonymous said...

Skip - we are headed back to the hospital - thought you would want to know.

Anemic, poor liver function, uric acid is high and kidney function is at 50% = send good thoughts! Hugs!