Thursday, December 29, 2011

Truth is Thursday. . .

Truth is. . .the above is a Christmas gift from Squirrel.  Besides having some really neat crafts in it, she thinks it  is hysterical that she gifted me a book with the word "ass" in it.

Truth is. . .we all laughed like crazy when I opened it.  Perfect.

Truth is. . .this week is passing entirely too fast.  It doesn't help that I am [basically] sleeping through it and missing the family during the day - but it is Thursday already.  BAH!

Truth is. . .I wish it could be vacation all the time.  I like having everyone home [even if I am asleep]. :)

Truth is. . .I have "Billy Joel" on loop.  Which, in and of itself, is awesome - but I have to be careful not to sing out loud, while wearing headphones, at 4 am.  Sleeping family, y'know.

Truth is. . .I make no promises on Billy Joel's "You May Be Right."  That is one ROCKIN' song. Skippy has to sing. It's in me. :D

Truth is. . .I am looking forward to the new year.  I don't make resolutions, but it is nice to have some parts of and some people left behind in 2011.  They were a drag on me and my family and it will be nice to not have to deal with or be reminded of [it] them anymore.

Truth is. . .Scooby ate 24 ferrero rochers [see below]. He did manage to leave the individual wrappings behind.  I need to remind my MIL to mark which of her gifts are chocolate.  I don't so much mind him or Spot eating processed chocolate, as it doesn't harm them, but we would like a fair shot at the goodies too. :)



Truth is. . .I hope you all have a 2012 you are truly deserving of and that makes you smile at least once a day.

I will be back around with our New Year's Eve prep, I am sure, but until then. . .see ya' on the flipside Tadpoles.

16 comments:

Tony Van Helsing said...

Ferrero Rocher is like eating wood shavings. Have a good New Year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Skippy,
It must be lovely to have the family at home!
Ferrero Rocher - they look very tasty. But unfortunately I cannot eat them, coz they have nut's in them. But have been watching Paul and his Mother stuffing their faces with them [lol].
Have a Happy New Year my friend!

Big hugs x

Juli said...

Wait! It's Thursday? Damn. I so need to get on my own blog carnival.

I knew there was a reason I loved you.... BILLY JOEL.

It's unamerican to not love him, don't cha think? Everything from the overplayed Piano man, to We didn't start the fire, to lullibye. Love, LOVE, LOVE him.

Tony took me to see him in concert a few years back. A-MAZE-ING.

I feel like I could sleep through this week as well. Bonus Brother has had Driver's ED all week which means to get everyone where they need to go, I'm up and out of the house by 715AM. Not much of a vacation, but hey, I'm off tomorrow. :)

Enjoy the day Skippy!

Southhamsdarling said...

Truth is, we all love those Ferrero Rocher as well. How could Tony say that they are like eating wood shavings?!! We all know how much you love having your family all home. Your love for them always shines through your posts my friend. My family go back on the 2nd. The time is passing just so quickly, but it's been lovely having them here. We will popping up to Ruby's little tea party in a minute! Hugs to you my dear friend.

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh! And I love Billy Joel as well, especially Uptown Girl!! x

Jeannie said...

It always goes way too fast.

I thought chocolate was bad for dogs? (Although I used to share my chocolate with my dog growing up and he lived to be 17) In any event, I don't like Ferrero Rocher anyway.

Celia said...

I had a dog that ate a bunch of chocolate. The vet I saw said that a lot of the chocolate, especially on the American market is not as strong as the European chocolate, so it not really harmful to them.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The dog ate the present ..... is that like the dog eating your homework? Poor Scooby probably had a stomach ache after that indulgence!
Hope you have a great day and enjoy being surrounded by your loved ones.

Crystal Pistol said...

I have that book! I love the title too! HAHAA! Great crafts in there... Not that I've done any of them.

I'm sad vacation is almost over too. I hate sending the kiddies back to school. :( I miss them when they are gone! (But not enough to home school!) :)

Happy New Year, friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Skippy! Hope you'll be able to stay up to ring in the new year - hugs!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that on my 10th birthday I wanted (and got) Billy Joel's 52nd Street album - its still one of my favorites!

My twin sister got the Bee Gees album!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Truth is...I want that book! I want to hang out and cuss with you! I love Ferrero Rocher, and Billy Joel! And, sometimes you have to drop people baggage in order to move forward in a happy manner. I hope you and the gang have a STUPENDOUSLY WONDERFUL New Year! I know I'm a day late to this post but I like to make a grand entrance ;)

Jennifer said...

Ummm, my comment posted three times...sorry.

Yum Yucky said...

I have that same Ferrro gift box at home. Only half full now. Not because of my own doing either. Thank God.