Saturday, December 17, 2011

Having Fun!

I put up my mini tree tonight.  It is such a happy tree and I could look at it all night. So much to see.
It is filled with over 70 ornaments including the Wizard of Oz, trains, tractors, airplanes, snowmen, old fashioned Santa Clauses and vintage cars.  It even has a train that runs around the base.

All lit up!
 Mary, Jesus and Joseph under the tree:


 One of the many trains on the tree [and the bottom of the Wicked Witch]:
 A tractor, Dorothy's ruby slippers and the tin man:

 Father Christmas [at the bottom] and Dorothy:
 Tinkerbell and the Scarecrow:
 The train:
Sorry the pictures are so poor, but I don't know how to use my camera [obviously] and those that do know how to use it are asleep! :)  But I think you get the idea.  I hope it brings a smile to your face the way it does mine.

I have finished with Pooldad's shopping!  All of it online! Woohoo!  If you still have Christmas shopping  left to do and would like 40% off your total order and free shipping [over $50] please, please, please go to Landsend.com.  I stumbled it upon it looking for some good quality things for him and I hit the jackpot.  Everything is on sale, plus they add the 40 percent off on top of the sales.  I really like Lands End because it is such good quality, the stuff lasts and I just couldn't beat the prices.  I wish I could tell you everything I bought, but I can't - tho' I can say I only spent $53 and that is a more than a few gifts under the tree.  I am so excited. Finally - I actually got his shopping done. [Oh, and the sale and guaranteed shipping runs until December 19th!]

Just a few more things to buy in the local shops and we are done completely. :D ::BIG grin::

Enjoy your weekend Tadpoles.  Only 8 days 'til Christmas. YAY!

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that little tree! Where ever did you get it and did all those ornaments come with it???

Thanks for the heads-up on Landsend.
I'm going to check it out now!

Have a great Saturday!

Rudee said...

I love your little tree, too.

I finished everything, including the wrapping on Thursday. I took the day off and my best friend and I got it done.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Your little tree is precious. Years ago, when our daughter was quite young, she wanted to know what to get me for my birthday, which is in mid-December. I suggested a mini tree. I mean, REALLY mini ... only about six inches tall. She got one and decorated it with teeny tiny ornaments. Just adorable! Somehow, the year or so after that, my hubby claimed that little tree when we unloaded the decorations, so now it sits on his desk every year, and I simply don't have the heart to tell him to fork it over. (But I can visit it whenever I like! HA!)

I am READY for Christmas. Earliest ever!

Greenmare said...

woo hoo good job you on the shopping! there is no better shopping than online shopping! I adore your little tree. I think you need to christen it The Little Tree of Happiness. but don't pour water on it or hit it with a champagne bottle.

Knitty said...

I like Lands End too, but I hope you have better luck with delivery than I am having. My order shipped on the 9th and I STILL don't have it. According to tracking, the post office is at fault.

I realize the post office is in financial trouble and therefore I assume they didn't hire any temporary help this year, but I have never had this problem before. I am also waiting on deliveries from two other sources where it appears the post office is to blame.

The companies that use UPS...no problem. In fact, I ordered shoes from Zappos at 3:13 PM one day and got them at 2:10 PM the next! Too bad that order wasn't a Christmas gift.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little tree you've got there :-)

Almost all present are purchased and wrapped and posted. [phew] Only some bits and pieces left to finish.
Enjoy your Saturday! Big Hugs x

Unknown said...

I just love your decorations! We don't have any room here to even put a tree up so I've got yours as my screensaver! :D

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love your tree. Looks so happy. All my shopping and sewing is done. Just two more batches of cookies and I will be done .....

Juli said...

I love the mini trees. When my friend's Mom was sick with cancer, she started one out of necessity.

Now we all collect ornaments for her. The smaller the better. It's actually one of my favorite things to do for her now, even years later.

Tracy said...

I ordered from Lands End a couple of weeks ago. I don't even want to know how much I would have saved if I waited until now.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Skippy. We have Lands End over here as well, and they're brilliant.It's such a relief when you have the presents sorted, isn't it?! Oh, your little tree is wonderful. I know a certain little boy who would love it, especially with the train at the bottom. Such cute little ornaments as well. Are they vintage. It looks very special all lit up and, as you say, so much to see. Hugs to you from across the pond x

Anonymous said...

Money is tight this year, so we aren't exchanging gifts this year - too many medical expenses, but I know you know how that goes!

Your tiny tree is so pretty, I would look at it all day too!

Hugs!

Crystal Pistol said...

Sweet little tree! I love it! Wizard of Oz is one of my faves.

I still have quite a bit of shopping to do for Christmas. maybe I'll check out Landsend. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip!

Yum Yucky said...

I love the tree. Yours is waaay better than the one I used to have but I still loved it. "Used to have" are the key words here, because once I birthed children 3 & 4, they destroyed my little tree and it is no more. Children 1 & 2 were much more docile. Children 3 & 4 are feral. Oh yeah, so back to your cute mini tree...

susanb said...

My husband likes to fix things....no he LOVES to fix things. So, our toilet seat broke and he tried to fix it with parts from an old seat. He finally gave up the ghost today and said he was going to buy a new one. He jokingly said he was going to wrap it and put in under the tree. I think it would be really funny! Especially if I open it in front of his family. But I think he is going to chicken out. Glad you got some good gifts online. Your tree is great. Merry Christmas!