Saturday, July 30, 2011

5 Favorites of 5 Senses

I found this meme over at Twisted Christian Dad and thought it looked like fun.  Feel free to try your hand at it too.

You have to list 5 favorites for your 5 senses:  Touch, Taste, Smell, Sight, Sound

1.  My favorite things to touch:

  • My husband's arms and hands
  • My children in a hug
  • The doggies' soft fur, especially Scoober's velvety ears
  • A chenille bedspread
  • Furry Man 
2.  My favorite things to taste:
  • A brewed cup of hot tea with a touch of sugar
  • Corned beef and cabbage
  • Any juicy, well cooked beef [London broil and hamburgers come to mind]
  • Fresh squeezed [tart] Lemonade
  • A frosty mug of A&W rootbeer
3.  My favorite things to smell:
  • Clean sheets
  • The smell of the air when it is about to snow
  • Fresh mown grass
  • My husband on his way to work and when he comes home at night
  • Babies
4.  My favorite things to see:
  • My childrens' smiles
  • My husband
  • A text that says "10450"
  • My phone screen when it notifies me "____kid calling" [their name]
  • The clock when it shows "3:40 pm" during the week
5.  My favorite things to hear:
  • The words "I love you."
  • The response "Yo' Mom."
  • Laughter or a good giggle
  • Rain
  • The ocean
I know most of those are pretty obvious and there are a few "inside jokes" thrown in but I hope y'all give it a try. It was a great exercise in trying to choose JUST five.

We are off in the country again this weekend. We have some chores we have to clean up from our vacation that we were unable to due to the heat, so I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Have a great Saturday Tadpoles!

7 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Fun post. It'd be hard to limit myself to only five, though. Hmmm, surprised to see you didn't include your famous fried chicken as one of your favorite tastes. Take care. I hope you have a super weekend.

Jeannie said...

Great list. I'm not sure I can pick a lot of favourites. There's always something else that comes to mind.

Lyndylou said...

I don't know if I can narrow my favourites down to just 5. Have a great weekend.

ellen abbott said...

Ooo, babies. Yes, a favorite thing to smell. Why do they smell so good do ya think?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Puppy breath comes to mind just because I have the new puppy. I like to smell my grandchildren, too. My grandmother used to pull me close and say, "Let me smell you." Now I know what she meant!

Anonymous said...

Hard to pick only five things - very nice post.
Hope you're having a nice weekend. To "chillax" is on the menu here.

Enjoy your day!

Teresa said...

great post! that's a great thing to do. not sure i could narrow it down to 5 each.