Saturday, December 27, 2008

My First 4 U.S. States Artist Trading Cards

I am in a swap over at Swa-bot for the 50 U.S. states ATCs for the next year. Each month we will be doing a different series - Here are mine for January. This is Arkansas [I know, duh!] but the reason it has milk and a cow on the front is due to milk being Arkansas' official state beverage.

I found this state flag for Arizona [the letters/date are my add-ons] but do want to know a neat bit of trivia? The star in the middle is actually copper colored. It is their state's official metal and Arizona is also the largest producer of copper in the U.S. Nifty!
You might have to click on this to enlarge it, but it is a political cartoon from before Alaska was given statehood. Evidently they were having quite a fight with the Senate seeking their rights.

And finally Alabama - which looks lopsided, but I think that is just the way I scanned it. OOPS! That is their state motto on the side and it means "We dare maintain our rights."
I haven't told y'all yet what Pooldad gave me for Christmas - it is SOOOOOOOOO neat! He gave me an Epson color printer/fax/scanner/photo printer.
It is unreal and I have been having the best time with it. Plus he gave me about a gazillion different types of craft supplies - so I have been playing with all this fun stuff the past two days.
I hope everyone had a great and relaxing Christmas. We all [in our family] still have 9 more days off together - it is very exciting.



1 comment:

Gail said...

A holiday and everyone gets to spend it together! Now, that is a great christmas gift.