Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Leaning Tower of Treeza, Doohicky and the Spot


Merry Christmas fellow bloggers! Weehaaaaaaa! It has been a busy few days and I thought I should pop back in to write a few lines before I disappear into the wonder that is Christmas.
~
This is the "Leaning Tower of Treeza". Sigh. Unless I put up the tree, tie it down, put the lights on and then let the family loose to decorate we ultimately end up with a tree that (1. ) Falls over at least three times and (2. ) leans at dangerous angles. The stories! The horrors!
~
This is due to the fact that on the list of things that Pooldad CAN do - putting up a tree and securing it is not one of those things he is capable of in any way, shape or form. We don't know why - and obviously not a deal breaker, but......
~
I take the lumps - because I have been feeling a might poorly and he did try. Bless his heart he does try. I must say the tree leans - and is damn near dead - ooooooh....wait for it -tangent - Pooldad THREW AWAY our artificial tree. Huh? He neglected to mention it until I had asked him about it nine times between December 1st and December 9th. I was so miffed [he threw out our TREE? who does that? I still haven't gotten a reason, but I suspect it has something to do with the tree being a "gift" from my Mom - HEY! two tangents in one. It really is Christmas!]
~
Anyway, I was pretty mad and I asked him to please to go.now.to.the.local.grocery.store.and.buy.me.a.tree. So for $30 [pretty nice for the tree] we now have the Leaning Tower of Treeza in our home and we all collectively hold our breath while walking through the living room. That is solely from fear the thing will crash, again!
~
This weekend the youngest and Pooldad were responsible for puppy sitting a lil' ball of fire named Peanut. She is a min-pin. I couldn't remember her name [Hi Susan (waves!) - love you - but the name Peanut? Does not fit your dog.] So I called her Doohicky. Pooldad just sat back, resigned, shaking his head and called her Whirling Dervish [which REALLY fits]. Have any of you ever been around one of these lil' gazelle like pups? They are crazy tiny, with long legs and speed to rival a greyhound. They are something else!
Heehee - see? even the Spot thought so. Spot didn't quite know what to make of her new friend. They made fast buddies [amazing!], but our low to the ground, short legged and quite sturdy Spottie just couldn't keep up. I have never seen my doggy pant INSIDE our home in the middle of winter, but Doohicky just about wore her out jumping, leaping and bounding from piece of furniture to piece of furniture. It was wild and a heck of a lot of fun. It also made me realize that one doggy was enough for us right now. Whew! I forgot to add: This pup was a little sweetheart and I wouldn't mind owning one. She was great - but it was a lot of action for our sedate lil' home :D.
~
All our Christmas shopping is done - btw, did you know it is absolutely possible, if you have a list, to spend $330 in Target in no less then 10 minutes? It is...we did it. :D Thank goodness for the lists, knowing the layout and the ability to run really fast! [True story] Hey! In our defense we thought Target was open until midnight, so Pooldad and I went to the local Mexican restaurant to have a nosh and well, by then it was 10:45 and Target actually closed at 11:00 pm! EEEEK! Done, bought and wrapped. I am so ahead of the game this year. For once. In FOREVER! Which makes me squee in happiness. I am not going to be wrapping on Christmas Eve - for the first time in, yes, FOREVER!
~
I will probably be back in the next few days because we are staying home, home, home for the holidays. Yippeee!
~
The family [and anyone of y'all that is cruising through] is welcome to visit us in VA, at any time, because we are not leaving and will have a bunch of great food, desserts and libations. Let it be so.
~
My biggest hugs and best love to y'all. I love you guys. Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Lovely post, makes me feel right at home, leaning tree and all.
Merry, merry Christmas.

Marni said...

Merry Chistmas to you, too! I wish we were going to VA... instead we are heading to TX on the 26th. woot.

The Target story? Awesome.

Love you guys!

Yvo Sin said...

Merry Merry Merry Xmas, my dearest!!! I am going to take you up on that offer one day... I know that cheap bus goes to DC :)
For the first time in my life, I will be wrapping presents on Christmas Eve. Probably technically Christmas since I will probably get home past midnight tonight... wish me luck =T
I have an email brewing in my head to you, but it's been hard to log onto FF the past week because I can't access gmail at work =T boo...... but, you and me? We need to chat!
In the meantime, have the merriest of all Christmases and know that you're in my thoughts<333

Amy said...

Oh, I about lost it on that post.
1. You've seen my tree and it leans. I never took the time to fix it. The reason we HAVE a fake tree is becuase the last time we had a real one, every morning we would wake to find the stupid thing on it's side. Finally the hubby screwed it into a large door so it wouldn't budge. Getting it down and out the door when Christmas was over was another fiasco. We are done with the real trees!

2. I wish I was you. I have a ton of wrapping to do, even though I swore up and down that I wasn't going to do it Christmas Ever.

Enjoy your wrap free evening, and have a wonderful Christmas!