Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shish Kebabby - Oh My Gobby

Before:
After:
Beef and chicken shish kebabs
[forgot to photograph the chicken before the cooking, oops!]
~
You have to be kidding me.
~
This is the first time Pooldad and I have ever had shish kebab made at home and tadpoles? It ROCKED our world. [Blew the budget too, but hey...sometimes you gotta' say.....] These were absolutely amazing from the grill. Sirloin and chicken breasts with green, yellow, red and orange peppers with onion slices - The sirloin had simple salt and pepper [per Yvo's great advice] and the chicken had paprika and garlic [per Wallene's request]. All I can say is WOW! Served with rice and a simple tomato and cucumber salad, friends we HAVE A WINNER!!
~
10 minute prep and 12 minutes cook time. Clean up is a snap - how much easier could this be?

5 comments:

RVVagabond said...

The Darb marinates his in Italian dressing (veggies in a separate bowl, then kabob 'em) then grills them. I request them when we hit town, bringing Denny's cherry-rhubarb pie in return. Win-win.

Summer and grilling--it doesn't get any better, right?

Word verification is "shneedno" which for some reason reminded me of obese Canadian men in Speedos at the beach. *shudder*

Yvo Sin said...

Yum! I was thinking how did that turn white, lol. ;)

Cubes of tuna marinated in Italian dressing are also good supposedly (saw it on Giada, but never did it). Looks great!!! But whenever I kebab, prep is much longer than 10 min! You must have helpers or are just much less clumsy than me :)

SkippyMom said...

Linda - LOL on shneedo!!! Too funny. And yep, we love to marinate chicken in italian dressing and beef in teriyaki - this time we just did spice.

Yvo - you are right - I had three sets of hands helping, so I will say 20 minutes for prep if I didn't have help - it is really only chopping veggies and meat then sliding it on a skewer. The rice was steam fresh in the micro [6 mins] so not much to do.

Gar said...

i don't eat meat, but this looks professionally done. :)

SkippyMom said...

Gar thanks for the compliment! Years in the restaurant biz and well trained kids and a husband that can handle a knife gets you pretty food!

Thanks for visiting!