Friday, April 12, 2013

Ralph Waldo Emerson said . . .

A lot.

There are so many of Mr. Emerson's quotes that I really like, it was hard to pick.  Here are five:

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside you."

"For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind."

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

"Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes."

and finally. . .

"It is not length of life but depth of life."
 
 
A cardinal enjoying the view from our backyard tree 04.10.13

9 comments:

noexcuses said...

Great quotes! Food for thought for all of us! Nice picture of the cardinal! Enjoy your weekend!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

he was a smart man!

Southhamsdarling said...

Love that Cardinal in your back yard ! Ralph Waldo Emerson must have been such a wise man, because he really did come up with such a lot of amazing, and true, quotes. You picked out some great ones for us. Have a great weekend my friend . Hugs.

Jean said...

I'm not sure that "The only way to have a friend is to be one." is entirely accurate. I've been a friend to a number of needy, selfish people who were not friends in return. Perhaps it should read "The only way to KEEP a friend is to be one."

Otherwise, well done Mr. Emerson. You get an A.

I'm such a bitch.

Love you Skippy!

Juli said...

LOVED them all :)

Anonymous said...

Just catching up Skip - love your little quote posts!

Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend - hugs!

Yum Yucky said...

Hi Momma. I've been thinking of you. My blog commenting has been so sporadic, but just want you to know that you're in my thoughts and I love you!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Grrrrrreat quotes!

I hope you have a super weekend. 12:34

aapkinews said...

The virus water assists with fixing the hair's fingernail skin, making your tresses look smoother, shinier, and less crimped than flushing with high temp water. AAP KI NEWS
AAPKINEWS