Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Best Internet Reception. . .

I have had in 10 days was when I knocked my MiFi jetpack off the coffee table and it skittered under the recliner in the great room.

Alas I eventually needed a recharge so I dug it out later and y'know? It just hasn't been the same since.

I am actually considering chucking it under there again.

I wonder if I could get 3 bars if I tossed it under the futon?

Better yet - why don't I attach it to Spot's collar and then I would have truly mobile WiFi.

Hmmm. . .

In other news. . . it might actually get above freezing tonight.
Plant those tomatoes and put the flower pots back on the porch Ma', Spring may actually be here.
How special Virginia.
It IS only May after all.

Good thing it's a pretty State ::ahem::Commonwealth:: to live in, otherwise it doesn't have a whole lot going for it. Certainly not weather that follows any normal calendar.

[I could hear the global warming doomsdayers as I typed that.  "It's global warming Skippy, not you're State. Gosh, don't you know anything?" hee]

Ah well, I guess it's back to twiddling my thumbs and hoping this post shows up.

Take care Tadpoles. We'll see ya' on the flipside.

12 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Screwy here too. This is the coolest May I can remember.

Juli said...

We've had a cold snap here as well. Below freezing last two nights. Lost all of my watermelon seedlings except 3. I tucked those in the garage for tonight. Fingers crossed.

Glad you're having fun. :)

Carolyn said...

Guess I shouldn't mention we had 94 yesterday and 85 today.

I'm all for global warming if it means I can garden for longer....polar bears be damned!! :)

Sally said...

Sorry you're having such poor reception for the internet! I get spoiled, until I go visit my mom and then her internet is soooo slow and cell reception is baaaad and it all just makes me crazy! Oh Well! if that's the worst thing that happens to me on those days, I'm prety lucky :)

colenic said...

I love that I have seen a post from you...I have been thinking of you....
It was below freezing up here the other night....like, 27 degrees...the heat is off and I refuse to turn it back on in the middle of May..hubby isn't happy...
I hope you are doing well...hugs and lots of love to you

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful Momma Day Skippy! Hugs!!

Our weather was weird too - Sunday night lows in the 30s - yesterday it got up to 91!

CWMartin said...

Saw on the news that some places have literally went from the 30's to the 100's in 36 hours this week. So, internet I can deal with. AC I'll kill over.

Yum Yucky said...

I hear if you stand on your head and shake yo' booty 10 times, that Interwebs reception improves by 100-fold. Now do it.

Southhamsdarling said...

Good to see you here today Skippy. I've missed you and been thinking about you and how things are going in your temporary home by the lake. Are you all settled in - still looking for your own property? I hope you are doing well at the moment my friend and it will be good when you're properly back with us again. Sending hugs to you - take care x

Gypsy said...

There were a lot of things I liked about living in Fairfax Co., specifically the public library system has to be the best in the country. I love rural southwest Virginia too. I-95 has to be one of the worst things in the state, and I'll get myself into trouble if I mention any more :~)))

purplegirl said...

I was just going through some old posts and I saw one from you where you said "douchecanoe" and I wanted to say Hi! You made me laugh all over again! :)

Jean said...

Maybe all the support wiring acted as an antenna for the MiFi?

I have missed you Babe. I've been so busy busy busy and tearing my hair out with frustration.

I think we are booked through to August now. Lordy. And the calls just keep coming.

We had some icy temperatures. Hail - maybe snow.

I agree that we may be experiencing climate change but I'm not sure "warming" is accurate at all - at least not here. It's more like the planet has turned bi-polar. Sudden temperature shifts. Winter turns to summer without going through spring. And then summer turns to winter without much fall.

On the one hand, I don't need those intermediate jackets so much I guess.

Take care of yourself.