It is entirely too quiet with Wallene gone to Florida so I thought I would stick one more post up before we leave for the weekend.
My medications have been changed once more because the last round of the side effects [again!] on the newest were too severe for me. Plan
But this isn't a post about my health, instead I thought I would write out a list of everything I have to accomplish today in order to get the 2 1/2 of us out of town without Pooldad having to do anything other than go to work and his doctor's appointment.
I think I can do it, as long as I take a few breaks here and there.
I have to:
- Pack for Pooldad and me. The biggest pain here is trying to remember all of my girlie stuff [make up, hair, creams, shampoos - arghhhh] and making sure we have clothes, shoes and dress coats for Church on Sunday. Start of Holy Week. Woot!
- Finish two loads of laundry, which I will not be putting away. They will stay folded on the dining room table.
- Sort two weeks of laundry. [The side effects were that bad. Seriously.]
- Change the sheets and make the bed. [This doesn't have to be done, but it will be a nice surprised for him.]
- Vacuum the bedroom, dusting while I do it. [Ditto, without the typo. oops!]
- Meet Pooldad for his follow up appointment at 2:15.
- Come home and load 4 baskets of clothes in the car. And the small cooler with the food we are taking. And our suitcase, the dog and me. Can't forget the Spooter can we? Oh, and her food.
- Making sure I have the few kitchen essentials that aren't in the country packed. We do tend to cook and eat a lot while there. Fresh country air, dontcha' know?
- Meet Pooldad at work and scooter on down to Gordonsville, VA for a peaceful respite in the woods.
Two fun side notes before I leave y'all to go cause the trouble I know you will. ::Eyeballing Swiderski, Knitty and Bizzy specifically. grin::
1. Wallene texted me this morning at 5 am to say they had arrived in FL. She was surprised when I texted her back, seeing that I was awake at that hour. Precisely who's house has my kid been living in for the past 5 years I would like to know? Mom doesn't sleep. Anyway - we texted back and forth when suddenly she sends me one that says "Yeesh Mom, gas is only $3.71 here." I texted her back "You are the ONLY 15 year old girl I know who would text THAT sentence to their mother on their way to DISNEYLAND you goof." I guess we are a tiny bit obsessed with our $4/gal gas in the north. Oops.
2. You are going to like this one. I reserved personalized plates for my car. YIPPPEEE. I could have gotten my old plates back [O SKIPPY] but instead I chose OSCARZ 1. Now, I ask you, how cool is that? All variations of TADPOLE were taken, so I went with his name instead. I can't wait until they come in, it's so very exciting.
Okay, okay - so it's the little things. It always is with me, but you guys know that. Besides it is nice to be on the upswing of yet another roller coaster ride and hoping, again, this time it will last. Pray that the side effects are minimum and this round of treatment puts me in remission like the last round was supposed to, because gang? I think we may all be finally running out of steam here in our pond.
I hope that Spring has sprung for y'all, but I realize that a lot of you are still getting snow. Sorry about that. If it is any consolation we had snow twice this week too, but remember - the calendar pages never stop turning and warm weather has to eventually get here, right? Hang tough Tadpoles. We'll all be sporting tan lines soon enough.
Oh crud. Add take a shower and get ready to that list. I am sooooo outta here!
Have a great weekend. See ya' on the flipside! Hugs xo Skip