Truth is. . .I was tagged by Jeannie to answer 11 questions, give 11 random facts about myself and tag 11 people to do the same.
Truth is. . .I don't usually do memes anymore because I think I have answered most everything, but Jeannie is one of my oldest and closest friends so I will do this one.
Truth is. . .I don't think I have 11 random facts left, but here goes! [I cut and pasted from Jeannie's blog and it messed up my background & fonts. Sorry about that. I can't seem to fix it, but back to normal tomorrow.]
Jeannie's 11 questions:
1. What is your secret (or not so secret) outrageous longing?
I wish I had met Pooldad when I was in college and not 5 years later. I think we would still be having kids. heehee
2. What kind of restaurants do you prefer right now, or what is your favourite meal to make at home?
Comfort foods. Stews, casseroles, soups - the winter does this to me.
3. What kind of vacation do you take?
Beach or camping. If money is tight we head to the country house and hang out in the mountains.
4. What is your dream vacation?
To take all the kids to Disneyworld. If it was just Pooldad and me then I would want to go to Ireland with him.
5. When relaxing in the evening, let's say on a Friday night at home, what beverage is sitting next to you?
I always have a glass of ice water nearby. If I want something sweet or with taste I drink iced/hot tea or pure cranberry juice.
6. Which "goal" in life have you achieved that gives you the most pleasure?
Our marriage and our kids. I am proud of the fact that we celebrate 17 years this year and that not one of our kids is of the "boomerang" nature. They have worked hard and gone on to be self sustaining. happy, grounded adults. [Not to say we wouldn't welcome any of them home in a heartbeat if they needed a place to stay. :)]
7. Have you ever reluctantly done something you were urged to do by friends/family that you ended up really enjoying? (good or bad)
Water skiing. I love the water but had never skied. I can't say I can ski now, but I tried and laughed my behind off the whole time.
8. Have you ever done something that was, for you, very exciting, risky or dangerous?
When I was in car sales I used to take the sports cars out on deserted back roads [very curvy roads] and test them out at high rates of speed to see what they could do. It was a lot of fun [I LOVE to drive] but I wouldn't do it now.
9. Have you ever had any "exotic" or unusual pets?
A ferret. Never again.
10. Have you ever had an unusual job?
Truck parts delivery girl. Only unusual because girls didn't usually do this type of work as it was dirty and back breaking at times. I loved it.
11. If you were available, and you found the right person, would you get married?
Nope. After being married to Pooldad it just wouldn't get any better than this and I why do something you can't top? :D
11 Random Facts
1. I can pick up anything with my feet. It is a great skill when you are 9 months pregnant and there are barbies strewn all over the house.
2. I was the pickiest eater when I was a kid. I had to eat whatever was put in front of me, but I hated my mother's cooking. I grew out of the pickiness, but never grew to like my mom's cooking.
3. Yellow is my favorite color and I hate the color purple.
4. I find chocolate to be highly overrated.
5. I am a lousy interior decorator. I am so indecisive when it comes to paint color.
6. I can't walk around the house barefoot. I have to wear slippers. Not socks, not shoes, just my slippers.
7. I want to live in a really small house. A big house takes a lot of energy to heat/cool and clean - and I just think it would be nice to do away with all the stuff we have accumulated and simplify our lives.
8. I took 8 years of Spanish but I cannot speak it. I can only read and write it.
9. I am awful at remembering birthdays.
10. I love to take long walks for exercise but I have never liked running.
11. 27 is my lucky number
Your 11 questions:
1. What is you favorite childhood memory?
2. What is your dream job?
3. Who is your best friend?
4. Have you ever been finger printed? Why?
5. Have you ever been at fault in a car accident?
6. If you could be a citizen of any country other than your own which would you choose?
7. If you could have one talent which would earn you money, which would you choose?
8. What thing do you find to be highly overrated? Why?
9. Who did you like better growing up - your Mom or your Dad?
10. How often do you laugh?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
I tag the following Tadpoles to answer the 11 questions and give 11 random facts about themselves. Don't forget to tag 11 of your friends too!
Susan, Thisisme, Yum Yucky, Life in the Mom Lane, Teresa, Tessa, Waiter Extraordinaire, Purple Girl, Sous Gal, Tracy and Knitty.
Hope y'all have a great Thursday. It's almost Friday - and what a wonderful week it has turned out to be. See ya' on the flipside gang.