Friday, February 20, 2009

Okay, okay....


I am over my corned beef disappointment. Sort of. Oh and the sandwich on the menu - NOT a rueben. Just a corned beef sandwich, so no points there. heehee

As I said - I am over it. Because! I found a hotel for $70.03 for the night, for four of us, that accepts Spootie the Dootie and serves continental breakfast with hot waffles! And it has a 4.5 out of 5 customer rating...2.5 star hotels.com rating. Weehaw! And it is one mile from the first college we are visiting. Double weehaw! [Sorry...I just love a bargain.]

Another bonus? I mapped the route and it is only 3 hours 25 minutes from us! Pooldad thought is was a lil' over 4 hours and I thought it was over 5. We were going by estimates from the last time we had driven this route - oh, so many years ago, when we lived farther from I-81. Guess what? YEP! We live a heck of a lot closer now.
We will eat breakfast before we leave, have lunch from some $menu somewhere [we have our own waters/soda - so it always cost $9.xx for 4 sandwiches/4 fries], packed snacks in the afternoon, a nice dinner out, free breakfast on Sunday and including gas? We could be home Sunday noonish for under $150.00. This is my kind of road trip.

At least I will have good trip stories to blog about, instead of the "Life from my chair" I have been posting about.
[Like the pic'? Hotel bathroom :) ]

2 comments:

Gail said...

Have a wonderful time...look forward to photos.

Coffeypot said...

Have fun. Any night away from home is good night.